Select Winter Reds 20% Off
Some fresh snow in Boston, and more on the ski slopes. (Did you know that Win is responsible for the Croatian flag at Loon Mountain, NH?) Après ski calls for a wine dinner by the fireplace, which is a catalyst for this week’s special promotion of hearty reds in our portfolio. Most of these are from Dalmatia, but we certainly have some chewy reds from Istria.
Here is the list of 6 wines on this special promotion of 20% off:
- Chateau Mario Plavac Mali, Pelješac – some sedimentation as it is an unfiltered wine. Grapes are from the Dingač Appellation, with an interesting twist — blending of 10% of Chardonnay with Plavac Mali which gives it a flare of a big flavor, with a smooth touch.
- Fakin Il Primo Teran – Motovun, Istria – Wine Enthusiast 95 – full and strong bodied with a flavor and nose of forest fruits. Hand selected clusters of Teran grown in the Motovun fields in Istria, aged 24 months in oak. A perfect pairing with wine dinner by the fire. We recommend a beef dish with a touch of truffle oil. You know the truffles are found in the Motovun forest, right?
- Hazdovac Meleda – Mljet – here is the red that will give you some fun when trying to pronounce its name — Mrkuša. This variety is indigenous only to the island of Mljet, and produces a dark red wine some fresh overtones.
- Kabola Amfora Teran, Istria – Wine Enthusiast 92 – taste an amphora-aged Teran with a deep ruby red color. It is clear and full-bodied, dominated by notes of blueberry, followed by vanilla and dark chocolate, dust, cedar and leather. It is dry, partly warm and soft, while retaining a lovely freshness.
- Korta Katarina Reuben’s Reserve – Pelješac — Wine Enthusiast 92 — with grapes from Postup and Dingač appellations. Lively, full and almost opaque by color this aged full-bodied Plavac Mali is smooth, balanced and elegant. Dynamic, with recognizable aromatic profile of ripe flavors, dried and stewed fruit, followed by Mediterranean herbs and spices.
- Terra Madre Plavac Mali Premium – Komarna Appellation, Wine Enthusiast 91 — a blend of Plavac Mali with a touch of Syrah and Cabernet. Pairs well with hearty meats, from dark poultry to steaks to game.
Shipping Special – $19.95 for 6+ bottles, $14.95 for 12+ bottles
*** Please note that delivery may be delayed if temperature-controlled shipping is utilized from time to time for some states, depending on weather conditions. We are currently using Temp Control shipping for many northern-tier states. These shipments depart every Friday – order cut-off for these shipments is noon on Thursday. ***
Our default shipping method is UPS Ground or FedEx Ground to most states from our warehouse and fulfillment center in Windsor, California. Orders are typically fulfilled 1-2 business days following the placement of the order, and take 2-7 business days to be delivered, depending on the shipping distance from our fulfillment warehouse in Windsor, California, and whether or not temperature-controlled shipping is used. Currently we are utilizing a “Best Way” approach to choose UPS or FedEx for each shipment based on specific circumstances existing at the time and location.
We offer 2nd Day Air and Next Day Air as options in some regions for more rapid delivery (check the shipping options dropdown menu when checking out). Extra charges apply.
*** Note change for IL and OH. Shipments to AL, IL, KS, OH and TN are currently done by a third party (picked up once a week, usually on Thursday) – thus shipments to AL, IL, KS, OH and TN may take as long as 10+ business days (two weeks+) after the order is placed.
The list of states to which we ship changes frequently as individual states update their regulations. We currently do NOT ship to the following states: